Bacon and Bean Stew
- Place the bacon in a large pot. Cover with cold water, bring to the boil, then pour off the water. Rinse the bacon and return to the pot.
- Cover again with cold water and add the onion, leeks, carrots, potatoes, garlic and thyme. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 40 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, black pepper, Avonore Fresh Cream and parsley and simmer for a further 10-15 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve in deep bowls with crusty bread.
Courtesy of Bord Bia
- 450g Quality Assured Bacon pieces, diced, or buy a shoulder joint, trim and dice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4-6 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Sprig of thyme
- 1 can of butterbeans, drained
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Avonmore Fresh Cream
- 1-2 tablespoon. parsley, chopped