Bacon Cheese Fries
This recipe allows you to make your homemade diner chips at home
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C. Peel the potatoes and cut them into long chip or wedge shapes. The thicker they are the longer they will take to cook.
- Spread the chips on a large non-stick baking tray and spray with olive oil spray to reduce calories (normal oil can be used alternatively). Toss the oil and potatoes together and sprinkle salt over to stick.
- Spread the chips out so that they are not crowding each other to avoid burning or underbaking.
- Place in the oven for 40-50 mins (depending on size). Set a timer for 30 minutes and check if the chips need to be flipped at that point.
- Whilst the chips are cooking, grill the rashers until crispy and set to the side.
- When the chips are cooked they should be golden brown and have a slight crisp. Melt Avonmore Grated Cheddar in a microwaveable bowl and pour over the chips with the rashers.
- Add more salt if desired and serve
- 6 Large floury potatoes
- Olive oil spray (alternatively normal olive oil)
- Flaked Sea Salt/Rock Salt
- 6 large rashers
- 200g Avonmore Grated Cheddar