Baked Ham Carbonara
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion. Saute for 5 minutes over a medium heat until the onions are soft but not coloured. Stir in the cooked ham.
- In a jug combine the eggs, cream and parmesan. Turn the heat to low under the saucepan and add in the mix from the jug.
- Gently stir, making sure not to scramble the eggs, for 2 minutes until the sauce is heated through.
- Add the hot cooked pasta to the saucepan and combine well, ensuring all the pasta is nicely coated with the sauce.
- Divide into bowls and grate over a little extra parmesan and a twist of black pepper before serving.
- 25g(1oz) butter
- 1 onion,diced
- 250g(9oz) cooked ham, cubed
- 3 eggs, preferably free range organic.
- 200mls (7floz) Avonmore cooking cream
- 50g(2oz) grated parmesan(plus extra for serving)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500g(18oz) cooked pasta