Banana & Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4.
- Put the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and oats to the mix, holding back 1tbsp of sugar. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas until nearly smooth.
- Add the Avonmore Buttermilk, oil and egg whites into the mashed banana until evenly combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the well and stir quickly with a wooden spoon, being careful not to over-mix.
- Add the blueberries to the mixture and give it a final stir.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Divide the mix between the muffin cases then sprinkle the tops with some additional oats and the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 mins until risen and golden brown.
- Cool for 5 mins in the tray before placing onto a rack to cool completely.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g light brown sugar
- 50g porridge oats, plus extra for topping
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 284ml Avonmore Buttermilk
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 egg whites
- 150g blueberries