- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a mixing bowl. Leave for five minutes until thickened.
- Add the sugar, butter, salt, eggs and flour and mix to form a dough.
- Dust a work surface with flour and turn out the dough. Knead for 5-8 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Rub a light coating of oil inside a clean bowl. Add the dough to the bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave to rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Mix the cornflour and berries in a small bowl, mashing them roughly with the back of a fork.
- Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the dough into a rectangle about 30cm x 55cm.
- Spread the melted butter all over the surface, then sprinkle over the sugar. Spread over the mashed berries.
- Careully roll up the dough like a Swiss roll. Slice into even rounds and arrange on the baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastries are golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the icing. Leave the rolls to cool for about five minutes before spreading with the icing.
For The Dough:
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 250ml Avonmore Fresh Milk, warmed
- 60g Sugar
- 120g Avonmore Irish Butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 500g plain flour
- Vegetable or sunflower oil, for greasing
For The Filling:
- 340g mixed frozen berries, thawed
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 50g Avonmore Irish butter, melted
- 100g sugar
For The Icing:
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 90ml Avonmore fresh cream