Cheesy Fish Pie
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish with olive oil.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, add some salt and cover them with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until soft, then drain and cover with a lid to let them steam dry.
- Meanwhile, place the fish pieces into the prepared dish, skin-side down. Season lightly with salt and black pepper. Pour the milk over the fish so it is about half-covered. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven. Drain off the milk into a jug and reserve.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7.
- Use two forks to flake the fish apart. Remove the skin and discard. Distribute the fish evenly around the dish.
- Add the butter to the potatoes along with some salt and black pepper. Add three-quarters of the reserved milk. Mix the remaining milk with the Cooking Cream and mustard and pour the mixture over the fish.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy, adding a little more milk if necessary.
- Gently mix the peas into the mash.
- Spread the mash in an even layer on top of the fish. Scatter the grated cheese over the top.
- Return the dish to the oven and cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for five minutes, then serve with green vegetables.
- Olive Oil, for greasing
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 200g Salmon
- 200g White fish, such as hake, haddock, pollock or coley
- 200ml Avonmore Fresh Milk
- 80g Avonmore Irish Butter
- 50ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 200g Frozen peas, thawed
- 120g Avonmore Grated Red Cheddar