Chewy Buttermilk Oaties
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease two baking trays.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in the egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture just combined.
- Fold in the oats, almonds and raisins.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared trays, leaving some space between each. Press a few flaked almonds onto the top of each. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are golden and the centres are just set.
- Leave to cool slightly, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- 90g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 120g Avonmore Irish Butter, at room temperature
- 150g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 60ml Avonmore Buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g oats
- 30g almonds, chopped, plus some flaked almonds for topping
- 40g raisins