Chocolate Fudge Cake White Chocolate Cake Pops
- Preheat oven to 160˚C/320˚F/Gas 3
- Grease and line a 9” round baking tin.
- In a bowl, combine the cocoa, sugar, flour, vanilla, melted butter and sieved jam. Add the eggs and milk then mix until batter is smooth.
- Add batter to pre-prepared cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- After 10 mins turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool. Then cover with cling film and chill in the fridge overnight.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add sifted icing sugar and cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons of cream/milk, and vanilla essence, beat on low for 1-2 mins until combined. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes until it really comes together. Add another teaspoon of milk/cream if it looks a little too thick.
- Crumble cooled cake into bowl and mix until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon measure, separate cake mixture into 40 rough rounds and using dampened clean hands, roll into smooth balls.
- Melt white chocolate and add a little white food colouring. Dip the end of each cake pop stick into the melted chocolate then push a cake ball onto each stick.
- Dip balls in white chocolate then push end of stick into Styrofoam base allow to dry.
- When dry, using a piping bag fitted with a small plain nozzle, drizzle tops of cake pops with remaining melted chocolate and allow to cool completely.
- 1+ 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp Avonmore unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup good quality cocoa, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large tsp blackberry jam, lived to remove pips
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Avonmore Milk
For the frosting mix:
- 90g Avonmore unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2–3 teaspoons Avonmore Whipped Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the white chocolate covering:
- 800g good quality white chocolate
- Few drops white food colouring (We use Wilton brand)
- 40 white cake pop sticks
- Block flower oasis or thick Styrofoam board
- Avonmore whipped cream to serve.