Confetti Buttermilk Pancakes
These pancakes almost look too pretty to eat!
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla extract and Avonmore butter.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just combined, then gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. When it is hot, add some butter. When the butter begins to foam, add small ladlefuls of the batter to the pan (add as many as can fit in the pan without touching).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form in the centre of the pancakes and the edges are golden brown. Flip and cook for another minute until golden. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with Avonmore Whipped Cream and extra sprinkles.
- 280g Plain Flour
- 40g caster sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large eggs
- 500ml Avonmore Buttermillk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 90g of Avonmore Butter, melted, plus extra for cooking
- 1 tub Avonmore Freshly Whipped Cream
- Confetti/Rainbow sprinkles