Cream of Celeriac Soup
- Combine the celeriac, potato, onion, stock and 500ml of water in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 40-45 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Cook the chopped rashers in a frying pan over a medium-high heat for a 3-5 minutes until browned and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Purée the soup until completely smooth. Stir in the Avonmore Cooking Cream and milk and heat through.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls and serve with a sprinkling of chives, cooked bacon and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 750g celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500ml chicken stock
- 200g smoked bacon rashers, chopped
- 150ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 100ml milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to serve