Creamed Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170˚C/gas mark 5 and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the garlic. Cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 1-2 minutes. Add the Cooking Cream a little at the time, whisking the sauce smooth each time before adding the next splash.
- Add the spinach and a pinch of nutmeg and season generously. Cook for 3-4 minutes longer until the spinach is wilted.
- Place the mushrooms in the prepared baking dish and fill with the creamed spinach. Top each mushroom with a slice of tomato.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft and the creamed spinach is just beginning to turn golden brown on top. Serve with pan-fried potatoes.
- 50g Avonmore Irish Butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 300ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 80g fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 4 thin slices of tomato
- Pan-fried potatoes