Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the onion and pepper for 2-3 minutes until just softened. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3.
- In a bowl, beat together the cooking cream, sour cream and cream cheese. Stir in about one-third of the salsa with half of the Cheddar, the shredded chicken, kidney beans, chilli powder, cumin and half of the spring onions. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread half of the remaining salsa in the bottom of a 23 x 33cm baking dish. Place about one-eighth of the chicken mixture down the centre of one of the tortillas. Roll up and place in the dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour the remaining salsa over the enchiladas and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated through.
- Sprinkle with the remaining spring onions and serve with extra sour cream.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 4 tbsp Avonmore Sour Cream, plus extra to serve
- 80g cream cheese, softened
- 500g hot salsa
- 160g Avonmore Freshly Grated Red Cheddar
- 4 chicken fillets or skinless thighs, poached and shredded
- 1 x 400g tin of kidney beans
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas