Festive Vegetarian Nut Roast Wreath
Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
1. Brush a 25 cm ring mould with melted butter, and place in the fridge.
2. Saute the onion, celery, garlic, leek, squash, carrots and chestnuts in olive oil until soft, add the cinnamon and season with salt and pepper, cover and leave to cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Mash the chickpeas, then add to the pot along with the nuts, breadcrumbs, cranberries, apricots and sundried tomatoes and stir through. Add the miso, yeast and vegemite and cook for 3 minutes. Stir through the grated cheddar.
4. Spoon into the prepared tin, pushing down to fully fill the tin. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes then take the foil off and bake another 15-20 minutes or until golden. Leave in the tin for a few minutes to cool then turn out onto a serving dish.
5. Glaze with the cranberry sauce and decorate with sprigs of rosemary.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 150g butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 150g carrots, peeled and cubed
- 60g of cooked chestnuts, chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 10 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 140g brazil nuts, chopped (or other nut)
- 150g cooked chickpeas
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g dried apricot, chopped
- 50g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tsp vegemite or marmite
- 80g Avonmore Cheddar cheese grated
- 1x 200g jar cranberry sauce
- Fresh rosemary, to garnish