Fudgy Stout Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and butter a 25cm bundt tin (a ring tin with the centre cut out) and lightly coat with cocoa powder.
- Combine the stout and treacle in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in to a bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a separate mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Gradually beat in the flour and stout mixtures, alternating between the two, until combined. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool, then invert onto a serving plate. Serve slightly warm with the Avonmore Fresh Dessert Cream poured over.
- 300ml stout
- 80g treacle
- 200g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder, plus extra for coating 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 280g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 250g brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 170g plain chocolate, finely chopped