Jalapeño garlic popcorn
- Heat three tablespoons of the ghee in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the popcorn kernels and cover tightly with a lid.
- As soon as the kernels start popping, use oven gloves to lift and shake the pot every few seconds until all the kernels have popped. Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining ghee over a medium-low heat. Cook the garlic and jalapeño for 1-2 minutes until softened, allowing the flavours to combine. Drizzle the jalapeño garlic ghee over the popcorn.
- Season to taste with sea salt and a little cayenne pepper, if desired. Stir the popcorn well to distribute the ghee and spices evenly.
Per Serving 315kcals, 24g fat (15g saturated), 23.5g carbs, 0.1g sugars, 4.1g protein, 4.1g fibre, 0.234g sodium
- 90g ghee
- 120g popcorn kernels
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Avonmore Ghee Butter
A form of clarified butter traditionally used in Asian cooking, Ghee has a higher smoke point than oils and butter, making it perfect for roasting, frying, or sautéing. It is also full of healthy fats containing vitamins A, E & K.