Lactose Free Blueberry muffins
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Line 10 cups of a standard-sized muffin tin with paper liners. Fill each of the remaining two cups with two tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the oil into a measuring jug and crack in the egg. Use the Avonmore Lactose Free Milk to fill the jug to the 250ml mark. Add the vanilla and whisk to combine well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Use a fork to bring mixture together, until just combined into a thick batter; do not over-mix. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between the 10 muffin cups. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with a glass of chilled Avonmore Lactose Free Milk.
- 200g plain flour
- 150g sugar & extra to sprinkle
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 80-120ml Avonmore Lactose Free Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g fresh blueberries