No Churn Ice Cream - 2 Flavours
- To make the ice-cream base, whisk the Avonmore Double Cream to soft peaks. Then gently whisk in the vanilla and condensed milk, retaining as much lightness as possible.
- Divide the mix in two and now the fun starts!
- To flavour the ice-cream: For the Cherry & Lemon ice cream: drain the juice from the Morello cherries and halve them, then add the lemon zest, lemon juice and cherries to the icecream base.
- For the Chocolate Cake & Hazelnut ice cream: fold the sieved cocoa power into the mix followed by the cake and nuts.
- Then transfer both to freezer containers, seal with a lid and freeze for 4-6 hours.
To make a sundae, any treats you fancy generally works here. I’m including:
- Avonmore Whipped Cream
- Mini Marshmallows
- Cherry & lemon ice cream
- Chocolate cake & Hazelnut ice cream
- Chocolate sauce
Layer into glasses and serve immediately.
For the base
- 460ml Avonmore Double Cream (2 cartons)
- 397ml condensed milk (1 can)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cherry & Lemon ice cream:
- 1 small can of Morello cherries
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Chocolate Cake & Hazelnut ice cream:
- 1 tbsp sieved cocoa powder
- Handful of broken pieces of chocolate cake or brownies (preferably not too fresh)
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts