Raspberry, Lemon and White Chocolate Profiteroles
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6 and line 2 trays with baking parchment.
- To make the profiteroles (makes 2 trays). Heat the water and butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil ensuring the butter is fully melted.
- Lower the heat and add in the flour, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon to ensure the flour is fully incorporated and the mix comes away from the sides of the saucepan. Allow to cool slightly then add in the eggs one by one, beating each egg in well before adding the next.
- The mix will be stiff and should be glossy after the final egg has been incorporated.
- Fill a piping bag and form little rounds on the lined baking trays.
- Dampen your fingers and flatten the peaks of dough.
- Place in the oven to bake – about 15 minutes (depending on the size).
- Remove from the oven and with a knife, make a hole to the side or in the base of each one.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 180°C and return the profiteroles to the oven for about 7 minutes (depending on the size) to dry out the insides.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully before filling
- To make the filling: Whip the Avonmore Fresh Cream with the icing sugar and lemon juice and zest to peaks.
- Fold in the chopped raspberries. Spoon the filling into a piping bag fitted with a nozzle a little smaller than the holes you made in the cooled profiteroles. Or use a plastic food bag and snip off the tip of a corner. Pipe in the filling until full.
- For the chocolate topping: Melt the white chocolate, adding a dash of hot water and Avonmore Fresh Cream to loosen and drizzle over the delicious profiteroles.
- Serve with fresh raspberries.
- 250ml water
- 150g plain flour
- 100g Avonmore Butter, salted
- 4 medium eggs lightly beaten
For the raspberry, lemon cream
- 500ml Avonmore Fresh Cream
- 100g icing sugar
- 150g fresh raspberries, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
For the white chocolate sauce
- 100g white chocolate
- Dash of Avonmore Fresh Cream
- Dash of hot water
150g raspberries, to serve