Raspberry Tart With Lemon Creme Patissiere
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the diced butter and rub with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and egg yolks and mix with your hands to form a dough. Wrap in cling film and allow to rest in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- After refrigeration roll out the dough on a light floored surface, giving the dough a 1/4 turn each time to keep the shape of the pastry.
- Roll out to the pastry to a circle of around 30 cm diameter. Lift it up draped over a rolling pin and lay it over the 26cm tart tin.
- Press the pastry gently into the corners and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Fill the tin with a circle of parchment paper and add baking beans to weigh it down. Bake for 15 minutes, then carefully remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
Lemon Creme Patissiere Method
- Heat the milk in a saucepan with the lemon zest until almost boiling.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour.
- Whisk the milk gradually into the egg mixture, return to the heat and stir until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and cover in cling film to prevent a skin forming and allow to cool.
Spoon the lemon creme patisserie into the cooled pastry and arrange the fresh raspberries on top.
- 200g Plain flour
- 125g Butter
- 50g Caster suger
- 2 Egg Yolks
Lemon Creme Patissiere
- 4 Egg yolks
- 60g Caster sugar
- 300 ml Avonmore full fat milk
- 2 Tsp Cornflour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 400g of fresh Raspberries