Salmon and Leek Pies
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Spray four individual 250ml-capacity ovenproof dishes with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Add the flour and cook, whisking, for two minutes. Whisking continuously, pour in the stock and keep whisking until combined. Cook, stirring, for five minutes or until the mixture comes to the boil.
- Add the Cooking Cream and tarragon and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the salmon and peas and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through. Spoon into the prepared dishes.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan breadcrumbs and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with mashed potato.
- Olive Oil Spray
- 50g of Breadcrumbs
- 30g of Parmesan, grated
- 20g of Avonmore Irish Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Leek, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 360ml Chicken Stock
- 100g of Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 500g of skinless salmon fillets, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 160g of frozen peas, quickly blanched in hot water
- Mashed Potato