- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan and fry the bacon until it is crisp.
- Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes over a low heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the fish stock or water gradually and then add the milk and potatoes. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes until the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add the diced fish. Simmer gently for 4 minutes.
- Add the shellfish and stir in the Avonmore Cooking Cream.
- Return to the boil and remove from the heat. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Ladle into warmed bowls to serve and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- 300g monkfish, cod or haddock (or any other firm white fish) cut into 1” cubes
- 200g fresh salmon, cut into 1” cubes
- 250g mixed, cooked shellfish (clams, mussels, prawns etc)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g chopped onion
- 2 slices unsmoked streaky bacon, rind removed, cut into ¼” dice
- 20g plain flour
- 600ml fish stock or water
- 200ml Avonmore milk
- 200ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 3§ medium potatoes cut in ¼” dice
- Sea Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley