Spaghetti With Lemon Chicken Piccata
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, place the flour in a bowl, add the basil and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken fillets for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked (depending on the size of your pan you may need to do this in batches). Remove to a plate and set aside.
4. Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the shallots and garlic to the same pan and cook, stirring, for one minute. Add the stock, wine, lemon juice, Cooking Cream and capers, whisk to combine and bring the sauce to a gentle boil. Taste the sauce and season if necessary. Simmer for three minutes.
5. Drain the pasta and divide between serving bowls. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter with fresh basil, then toss to combine.
6. Slice the chicken into strips and place on top of the pasta. Pour the sauce over the top and garnish with extra basil.
- 300g of Spaghetti
- 65g flour
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped, plus extra to serve
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 chicken fillets, pounded to 2cm thickness
- 30g of Avonmore Irish Buter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 120ml chicken stock
- 120ml of White wine
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 180ml of Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
- Fresh basil, to garnish