Steak Fajita Skewers with Lime Crema
- Preheat a barbecue or griddle pan to a medium-high heat.
- Combine the steak, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl, mixing until the cubes of steak are evenly coated.
- Slide a piece of steak down one of the skewers, followed by pieces of green pepper, red pepper, and onion. Repeat until there is only a 3cm gap on the top of the skewer.
- Repeat with the remaining skewers.
- Grease the surface of the barbecue or griddle pan by rubbing with a tongs and some oiled kitchen paper.
- Cook the skewers for about 10-15 minutes with the lid closed, flipping them halfway.
- Combine the sour cream, coriander, lime zest and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the skewers for dipping.
Per Serving 215cals, 6.8g (2.4g saturated), 5.6g carbs (2.3g sugars), 31.5g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.09g sodium
- 800g sirloin steak, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 green peppers, cut into cubes
- 2 red peppers, cut into cubes
- 1 large white onion, cut into cubes
- 8-10 skewers (soaked in water for 20 minutes if wooden)
For the lime crema:
- 200ml Avonmore Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime