Strawberry, Orange & Cinnamon Tart
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter a 23cm x 2 1⁄2cm loose-bottomed tart tin.
- To make the pastry, sieve the flour and icing sugar into a bowl.
- Add the diced butter and rub it in with our fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Beat the egg with the water and add sufficient to the flour until it forms a firm dough.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the dough rest before rolling.
- Flour a work surface and roll out the pastry slightly bigger than the tin.
- Line the tin with the pastry and prick the base with a fork.
- Place in the fridge to rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, line with parchment paper and fill with baking beans.
- Place in the preheated oven for 10–15 minutes, until fully baked. Set aside.
- To assemble the tart, whip the cream cheese, orange juice, orange zest, cinnamon and Avonmore Fresh Cream together until smooth then spoon into the cooked pastry shell.
- Then add a layer of the raspberry jam followed by the Avonmore Freshly Whipped Cream and starting on the outside, arrange the strawberry slices in a circle, continuing to the centre of the tart.
- Melt the jam in the microwave for about 15 seconds (adding a tsp or two of water if it’s too thick), then with a pastry brush, brush the jam over the strawberries.
- Decorate with mint and serve.
For the pastry:
- 225g plain flour
- 110g cold butter, diced
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cold water (use if dough is a little dry)
For the topping
- 750g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tbsp strawberry or raspberry jam
For the fillings
- 150g cream cheese
- 100ml Avonmore Fresh Cream
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- Juice of ½ & zest of 1 orange
- ½ ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp raspberry jam
- 350ml Avonmore Freshly Whipped Cream
- Mint for decoration, optional