Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
To make the Turkey filling:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 2-3 mins, stirring often. Add the minced garlic and cook together with onion until the latter is softened.
- Add sliced red pepper and cook over medium heat for 4-5 mins or until softened. Add tinned tomatoes, chipotle sauce, cumin, oregano, cinnamon then season with salt and a little freshly ground black pepper, stir to combine and simmer for 5-6 mins over low heat.
- Spoon out 1/2 cup of the sauce and set aside.
- Add turkey to the sauce in the pot. Stir well.
- Layout tortillas, spoon mixture along centre until used up then roll tortillas into tubes, add to a baking dish. Spoon reserved tomato sauce in a wide strip over the middle of the tortilla rolls then top with Avonmore cheddar cheese and a few Jalapeños.
- Bake in the oven for 25 -30 minutes or until tortillas are browned and crisp and Avonmore cheese melted.
Scatter remaining Jalapeño peppers over Avonmore cheese, add sliced avocado, fresh coriander and a large dollop of Avonmore sour cream. Serve hot with lime wedges.
For the Turkey filling:
- 2 large handfuls of shredded or cubed turkey (or chicken) meat
- 1 large white onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 plump cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 x 400g tins, chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp chipotle sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
You will also need:
- 4 large (or 8 small) corn or flour tortillas
- Handful sliced Jalapeño peppers - to personal heat taste
- Large handful Avonmore grated red cheddar
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- Tub Avonmore sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Handful fresh coriander
- Extra chipotle or hot sauce (optional)