Smoked trout, baby pea, spring onion and dill
- 2 medium fillets smoked trout, flaked
- 1 cup frozen petit pois peas, blanched and drained
- 6 spring onions/scallions, trimmed, halved then sliced lengthways into very thin strips and chilled in ice cold water for 1-2 hours to allow to curl up.
- Small handful fresh dill leaves
- Handful micro herbs (optional)
- Insert flaked trout into pastry cases, spreading fish evenly amongst all cases.
- Carefully pour egg mixture evenly into filled pastry cases then scatter peas into filling. Top with a spring onion curl.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is browned and egg filling puffed up and cooked through
- Serve with a scattering of fresh baby dill leaves and a little extra freshly ground black pepper.