Avonmore Buttermilk Festive Cookies
Pre-heat the oven to 180c
1. Cream the butter and sugars together in an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix for 1 minute.
2. Add half the flour and mix gently, then half the buttermilk, then the remaining flour and then remaining buttermilk. Fold though the chocolate chips.
3. Scoop 1 tsp balls of mixture onto a lined tray, spaced 10 cm apart. Chill for 15 minutes.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until, golden around the edges. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
5. Sandwich two cookies together with the buttercream icing. Roll some in the crushed candy canes. Will keep in an airtight container for a couple of days.
1. Beat together the icing sugar and the butter with an electric mixer.
2. Turn the mixer down to low, add the milk gradually until it has all been incorporated. Finally add the vanilla and then beat on high speed until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- 225 g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 113g butter, softened
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60ml Avonmore buttermilk
- 125g chocolate chips
- Buttercream, to decorate
- 3 candy canes, crushed, to decorate
- 250g icing sugar
- 80g Avonmore unsalted butter, softened
- 25 ml Avonmore milk
- a couple of drops of vanilla extract.