Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and grease a baking dish with butter. Fill the dish with alternate layers of broccoli and chicken, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the cornflour mixture, stock and cream and season with salt and black pepper. Stir the sauce until it has thickened.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in half of the grated Cheddar until melted.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli and top with the remaining Cheddar.
- For the topping, place the melted butter in a bowl. Add the crackers and the poppy or sesame seeds, if using, and stir well. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the bake.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- 450g broccoli, cut into florets and blanched in boiling water for one minute
- 400g cooked chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
For the sauce:
- 75g Avonmore Irish Butter
- 40g cornflour, dissolved in 120ml cold water
- 80ml chicken stock
- 400ml Avonmore Fresh Cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 300g Avonmore Freshly Grated Red Cheddar
For the topping:
- 60g Avonmore Irish Butter, melted
- 100g crackers, crushed
- 1 tbsp poppy or sesame seeds, optional