Creamy Cajun Prawn Fettuccine
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the fettuccine according to the package instructions.
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and toss the prawns with half of the Cajun spice. Cook the prawns for about two minutes per side until pink and curled. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat, add the remaining oil in the pan and add the garlic and pepper. Season with the remaining Cajun spice and cook for about four minutes until softened.
- Pour in the chicken stock and cooking cream. Increase the heat and simmer for a few minutes until thickened and reduced by half. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan.
- Drain the fettuccine, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the sauce, tossing to combine. If it seems very thick, add a bit of the water to loosen.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
- 300g fettuccine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 raw king prawns
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 250ml chicken stock
- 250ml Avonmore cooking cream
- 120g Parmesan, grated
- A small handful of fresh parsley, chopped