Creamy Smoked Salmon Gnocchi
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan set over a medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for two minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and zest. Increase the heat until the sauce is bubbling and reduce the sauce by half. Add the cooking cream and boil for another minute, then add the peas. Season the sauce with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi for 3-4 minutes until they rise to the top.
- Drain the gnocchi, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add the gnocchi to the pan with the sauce and add a splash of the pasta cooking water if it needs to be loosened up a little.
- Stir in the smoked salmon and rocket and season with lots of black pepper. Serve topped with some fresh dill and a little extra lemon zest.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 160ml dry white wine
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon, plus extra zest to serve
- 120ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
- Large handful of frozen peas, blanched in boiling water for one minute
- Salt and black pepper
- 500g gnocchi
- 250g smoked salmon, snipped into bite-sized pieces
- Large handful of rocket
- 4 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Lemon zest, grated