Individual Potato Gratin
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Rinse the potatoes under cool water to remove any excess starch.
- Combine the milk, cream, nutmeg, thyme and garlic in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, bring to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat, season and set aside.
- Layer the potatoes into eight ramekins, trimming as needed and pressing them down to make them fit snugly. Pour the milk and cream mixture over each dish.
- In a bowl, combine the two cheeses. Sprinkle evenly over the top of each gratin, then place the ramekins on a baking tray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top. Check if they’re ready by inserting the tip of a sharp knife — it should slide in easily.
- Allow to stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
- 1kg floury potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 600ml Avonmore Fresh Milk
- 600ml Avonmore double cream
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and black pepper
- 150g Avonmore Freshly Grated Red Cheddar
- 50g Parmesan, grated