- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites with electric beaters until they form stiff and shiny peaks. Gradually add the sugar a couple of tablespoons at a time and whisk really well between each addition. When all of the sugar is used up continue whisking for 3-4 minutes or until the meringue is stiff and glossy and stands up in peaks, then whisk in the cornflour and vinegar.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking parchment and use a palette knife to make a circle about 20cm in diameter.
- Put in the oven, turn the temperature down to 120C/fan 100C/gas ½ and cook for 1½ hours. Turn the oven off and leave the meringue inside until completely cold (you can make this the day before and leave to cool overnight).
- Carefully peel off the baking parchment and put the pavlova on a serving dish. Don’t worry if it cracks.
- Crape the vanilla seeds into a mixing bowl, and mix the whipped cream and lemon zest together, then spoon onto the pavlova.
- Mix the berries, spoon the fruit on top of the cream, dust with a little icing sugar and serve.
- 4 egg whites
- 225g caster sugar
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 350ml Avonmore Freshly Whipped Cream
- 1 lemon zested
- 450g berries , raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries or a mixture
- 1tbsp icing sugar