Penne With Tomatoes, Chorizo and Cream
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, add chopped rosemary and diced tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and sugar.
- Cook until the tomatoes have just begun to soften into a sauce, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Slice the sausage into 5mm/1⁄4in rounds and add to the pan with the crushed chilies.
- Add the cream and two tablespoons of chopped flatleaf parsley, and allow to bubble for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until the cream has reduced by half. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Cook the pasta until it is ‘al dente’, drain and stir into the sauce with the grated parmesan.
- Sprinkle with remaining flatleaf parsley, and serve.
- 450g/1lb Penne Pasta
- 25g/1oz Avonmore Butter
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 700g/11⁄2 lb fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled,seeded and diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- sugar, pinch of
- 175-225g/6-8oz chorizo or kabanossi sausage
- pinch crushed chilies
- 125-175ml/4-6 fl oz Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 3 tbsp finely chopped flatleaf parsley
- 4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan