Raspberry, Almond and White Chocolate Trifle
- In a medium saucepan, bring 240ml cream to a simmer, then remove from the heat. Add the white chocolate and whisk until smooth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining cream with half of the almond extract until the mixture forms soft peaks. Fold in the white chocolate mixture.
- Place the Amaretto in a small bowl and quickly dip the ladyfingers in the liqueur one by one, shaking off any excess. Place the dipped biscuits in the bottom of a 3.4l trifle dish or large bowl. Repeat with enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Spread a third of the melted jam over these biscuits. Top with one third of the partially thawed berries with their juices, then spread over one third of the whipped chocolate cream. Top with half of the custard.
- Repeat these layers in the same order, then repeat again with the dipped biscuits, melted jam and partially thawed berries. Finish with the whipped chocolate cream.
- Pile the fresh raspberries in the middle of the trifle and scatter with the almonds. Cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of four hours and up to 24 hours.
- 840ml Avonmore Freshly Whipped Cream, chilled
- 340g good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 150ml Amaretto liqueur
- 200g Boudoir biscuits (Ladyfingers)
- 340g raspberry jam, melted
- 500g frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 200g Avonmore Luxury Fresh Custard
- 350g fresh raspberries
- 80g sliced almonds, toasted