Red Velvet Soufflés with Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease six ramekins with butter and coat each one with half a tablespoon of sugar, shaking out any excess. Place on a baking tray.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water. When melted, remove from the heat. Stir in the egg yolks, sugar, milk, food colouring and vanilla.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until foamy. Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg white mixture into the melted chocolate, a bit at a time.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Run the tip of your thumb around the edges of the ramekins, wiping the rims clean and creating a shallow indentation around the edges of mixture to help the soufflés rise.
- Bake 20-24 minutes, or until the soufflés have risen and are set.
- Dust with a little icing sugar and serve immediately with Whipped Cream.
- Butter, for greasing
- 3 tbsp plus 65g granulated sugar
- 115g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 4 large egg yolks
- 5 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp red food colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Icing sugar
- Avonmore Whipped Cream