Roasted Baby Potatoes in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the Portobello mushrooms into a large bowl and add the olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar. Season well and toss to coat. Spread out evenly on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, or until just fork tender. Drain well and pat dry.
- Place the potatoes onto a baking tray, drizzle generously with oil and season. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the chestnut mushrooms for 10 minutes or until golden, stirring regularly. Season and sprinkle with chilli flakes. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the wine and thyme sprigs and bubble for 4-5 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits off the bottom of the pan. Stir in the Portobello mushrooms, potatoes and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Add the cooking cream and cook until heated through.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 700g baby potatoes, washed and left whole
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 120ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 80ml white wine
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 160ml vegetable stock
- Small bunch of chives, snipped