Roulade with Strawberries & Cream Filling
- Begin by making the filling. Lightly whip the Avonmore Double Cream and fold in freshly cut slices of Strawberries. Cover and chill for an hour.
- Now the cake. Whisk egg yolks until they start to thicken, add the caster sugar and continue to whisk until slightly thicker.Then sift cocoa powder into egg yolk mixture and whisk together.
- Using a clean whisk and bowl, whisk egg whites to soft peaks. Then carefully cut and fold the egg whites into chocolate mixture and pour into a lined 30x20x2.5cms tin.
- Bake on centre shelf for 20-25 mins, (gasmark 4, 350°F/180°C) until bouncy. Remove and leave to cool.
- When the cake is cold, gently spread the strawberry and cream filling over the cake. Then roll the cake away from you using the parchment to help you make the log shape. Serve with warm chocolate sauce.
- For sauce, break up the chocolate bars and place in a jug with milk or cream. Melt slowly in microwave or in a small pan until combined. Pour over slice of roulade with extra strawberries. Delish.
For The Cake
- 6 eggs separated
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
For The Filling:
- 225ml Avonmore Double Cream
- Handful of strawberries, sliced
For The Sauce:
- 2 x 8 square bars Cadbury Dairy Milk
- 85ml Avonmore Milk/Cream