Sparkling Cranberry and White Chocolate Bundt Cake
You will need:
- Bundt cake tin, greased and lined (like the mould for jelly, but oven proof)
- Turn the oven on to 180c
For the cake:
- Cream the Avonmore Butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, ground almonds and baking powder and mix in to the Avonmore Butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs to a foam.
- Add the eggs, fold gently, add the milk, orange zest and juice and combine gently again.
- Slice the cranberries and cherries in half and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the oven. The cake should be cooked through, test with a cake tester. The mixture should come out clean but moist.
- Allow to cool on a rack. When the cake is completely cool, remove from the tin.
For the icing:
- Melt the chocolate with the double cream in a pot on a low heat stirring all the time.
- Stir till smooth and remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool.
For the sparkling cranberries:
- Put 175g sugar and water in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes gently.
- Allow to cool and add the whole cranberries. Put in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the berries from the syrup.
- Roll in the granulated sugar.
- Set aside till dressing the cake
- Place the cake on your chosen plate.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the cake.
- Decorate the top with the sparkling cranberries.
- You can dot a few plain cranberries in places also to give a contrast. Serve with Avonmore whipped cream.
For The Cake:
- 250g Avonmore Butter, softened
- 150g plain flour
- 250g sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Juice of 1 orange
- 50mls Avonmore full fat milk
- 3 large Eggs
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 50g cranberries
- 50g glace cherries
- Icing sugar to sprinkle
For The Icing:
- 125g good quality white chocolate
- 100ml Avonmore double cream
- A little extra white chocolate for garnish
For The Sparkling Cranberries:
- 175g sugar
- 100mls water
- 100g fresh cranberries
- 100g granulated sugar