Steaks with Peppercorn Mushroom Sauce
- Heat the butter and half of the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the onions and mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes until mushrooms are golden brown, then add the garlic and cook for one minute longer. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the same pan over a high heat. Press the crushed peppercorns into both sides of the steak.
- Place the steaks in the hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rare, or to your liking. Remove to a plate, tent loosely with tin foil and rest while you make the sauce.
- Place the same pan over a high heat and add the brandy. Bring to a boil, then add the Cooking Cream and reduce the heat. Simmer for five minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and onions back to the pan and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in any juices that have been released from the steaks.
- Serve the steaks with the brandy mushroom sauce and chunky chips.
- 25g Avonmore Irish Butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- 80g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns, roughly crushed
- 4 rib-eye steaks
- 15ml brandy
- 120ml Avonmore Cooking Cream