Sticky honey chicken with rice
- Heat the ghee in a large, deep pan over a medium-high heat. Place the flour and buttermilk in two separate shallow bowls.
- One at a time, dredge chicken pieces in the flour, then in the buttermilk, then back into the flour.
- Working in batches of 5-6 pieces, c ook the coated chicken in the ghee until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- In a small cup, combine the cornflour with the water.
- In a small saucepan over a medium-high heat, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, cider vinegar and sesame oil. Bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir in the cornflour mixture. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir the cooked chicken through the glaze to coat and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately with rice.
Per Serving 594kcals, 23.1g fat (10.5g saturated), 58.3g carbs, 33.5g sugars, 38.1g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.604g sodium
- 120g ghee
- 120g flour
- 200ml buttermilk
- 450g chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- 150g honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds