Summer Berry French Toast
- Slice the brioche loaf into 4cm thick slices (you’ll need 4 slices) and make a slit in the side of each slice.
- Toss the berries with the icing sugar.
- Fill the cavity with berries.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the milk and cinnamon and whisk with a hand whisk.
- Place the berry filled brioche slices into the egg mixture to soak, turning them over.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with butter and oil.
- Place the soaked slices into the hot pan (you may have to do them in batches) and cook each side until golden.
- Place on a board and slice into half (triangles).
- Transfer to a serving plate and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve immediately with generous dollops of Avonmore Summer Whipped Cream and any leftover berries too.
- 1 brioche style loaf
- 200g mixed summer berries
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 4 eggs
- 180ml milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g butter, for frying
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Avonmore Summer Whipped Cream, to serve