Summer Berry Mille Feuille
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Roughly break the Avonmore butter into small chunks, add them to the bowl and rub them in loosely. You need to see bits of butter, as you are looking for a marbled affect.
- Make a well in the bowl and pour in about two-thirds of the cold water, mixing until you have a firm, rough dough adding extra water if needed. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board, knead gently and form into a smooth rectangle. Roll the dough in one direction only, until 3 times the width, about 20 x 50cm. Keep edges straight and even. Don’t overwork the butter streaks; you should have a marbled effect.
- Fold the top third down to the centre, then the bottom third up and over that. Give the dough a quarter turn (to the left or right) and roll out again to three times the length. Fold as before, cover with cling film and chill for at least 20 minutes before rolling to use.
- Roll out the pasty for use and using a pizza cutter form rows and columns so that you end up with a couple dozen rectangles, roughly the same size.
- Preheat the oven to 200◦C, line a tray with baking paper and place the pastry rectangles on individually, allowing some space between them.
- Bake the pastry squares for 10-15 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a baking tray.
- To serve stack the 3 rectangles on top of each other with a layer of Avonmore Summer Whipped Cream and summer berries in between.
- 250g Strong Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 250g Avonmore Butter (room temperature)
- 150 ml cold water
- 350ml Avonmore Summer Whipped Cream
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled and chopped