Sweet potato and spinach yellow curry
- Heat the ghee in a wok set over a medium heat. Cook the shallots for 4-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the curry paste and stir-fry for one minute. Add the sweet potato chunks and toss to combine everything together.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock and cornflour mixture and stir to combine well.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, fish sauce, lime juice and peanuts. Cook for one minute.
- Garnish with extra chopped peanuts and some fresh coriander. Serve with rice.
Per Serving 493kcals, 38.1g fat (24.3g saturated), 36.2g carbs, 11.1g sugars, 7.9g protein, 9.6g fibre, 0.611g sodium
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2½ tbsp yellow curry paste
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 x 400g tin of light coconut milk
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in 3 tbsp cold water
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- ½ tbsp Thai fish sauce (omit for vegetarian)
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 4 tbsp peanuts, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- Fresh coriander, chopped
Avonmore Ghee Butter
A form of clarified butter traditionally used in Asian cooking, Ghee has a higher smoke point than oils and butter, making it perfect for roasting, frying, or sautéing. It is also full of healthy fats containing vitamins A, E & K.