Traditional Brown Bread
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/ 350ºF/ Gas Mark 4.
- Using a large mixer with the spade attachments, mix all the dry ingredients together for 2-3 mins.
- Pour in the Avonmore Buttermilk and continue to mix for another 4 minutes until everything has mixed evenly throughout.
- Grease 2 standard loaf tins with butter or oil. Spoon the mix into both tins until approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake on the middle shelf of your oven for 1hr, then turn the bread out onto a wire rack and leave to cool. Enjoy!
Cook times and temperatures vary, you may need to adjust in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- 640g Plain Flour
- 340g Wholemeal Flour
- 20g Oat Bran
- 20g Wheat Bran
- 1tsp Bread Soda
- 1.5 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Salt
- 870ml of Avonmore Buttermilk