Avonmore Buttermilk Scones
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt & caster sugar together in a large bowl.
- Cut the Avonmore unsalted butter into small cubes and using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour. Add the raisins and sultanas.
- Make a well in the centre, then pour in the Avonmore Buttermilk and mix into a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board.
- Knead the dough lightly and roll out until approximately 1 inch thick, then cut into scones.
- Place onto a baking tray and brush the tops of each scone with egg wash. Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve the scones alongside some freshly whipped Avonmore cream or butter and homemade jam.
- Cook times and temperatures vary, you may need to adjust in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- 900g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 225g Avonmore unsalted butter
- 130g caster sugar
- 450ml Avonmore Buttermilk
- 75g raisins
- 75g sultanas
- For glazing: Egg wash