Buttermilk Chicken Burger
- Place the chicken into a dish, add the garlic clove and paprika and pour in the buttermilk to cover. Refrigerate and allow to marinade for at least 4 hours but up to 24 hours.
- Once the chicken has marinated, mix a pinch of salt and pepper with the flour, paprika and garlic powder in another bowl.
- Dip each of the chicken breasts into the flour mix and make sure they are coated thoroughly.
- Heat a frying pan filled with about 1–2cm of oil over a high heat. When the oil is hot, place the chicken into the pan and fry until crispy on both sides and fully cooked through.
- Drain on some kitchen paper.
- Serve on a toasted bun with burger sauce, coleslaw, gherkins or any other toppings of your choice.
- 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
- 300ml Avonmore Buttermilk
- 2 chicken breasts
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sunflower oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 brioche burger buns, toasted
- Burger sauce
- Sliced gherkins