Chocolate Fudge Cookies
To make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
- Grease and line 2 x cookie tray tins, set aside.
- Heat the chocolate and butter in a microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between to avoid burning until melted and smooth. Allow to cool then mix in the eggs, milk, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Using a tablespoon measure, place 2 tbsp mounds of batter on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set but still gooey.
- Allow to cool fully on a wire rack.
To make the buttercream filling:
- Combine coffee powder and boiling water in a cup and allow to cool.
- Place softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until smooth, add the sifted icing sugar and beat for 8-10 mins until really soft and light. The longer you beat this mix the fluffier it will become.
- Whilst butter and sugar are mixing, melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave, stirring often to ensure it doesn’t burn. When melted remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Add Bailey’s cream and melted chocolate to butter/sugar mixture along with 3-4 tsp of the cooled coffee mix. Continue to beat on medium-high speed for a further 3-4 mins.
- Remove and add into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle.
For the cookies:
- 170g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp Avonmore unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Avonmore milk
- 70g caster sugar
- 70g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 140g plain flour
- 25g unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt flakes
- 250g dark chocolate, finely chopped
For the Buttercream:
- 1 tsp good quality, powdered instant coffee
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 250g Avonmore unsalted butter, softened
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup Avonmore Bailey’s Cream
- 50g good quality dark chocolate (70%)
You will also need:
- Dulce de leche or caramel sauce
- Maldon sea salt flakes