Creamy Chicken Stew
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a casserole pot, add the leeks and a pinch of salt, cook over a low heat until the leeks are soft.
- In a frying pan, cook the chicken skin side down over a medium heat until the skin browns, flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the leeks, pour in the stock and bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, mustard and peas and simmer till thick.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and parsley, sprinkle on top of the chicken and grill until golden brown.
- Serve with some crusty bread or some steamed potatoes.
- 3 leeks, cleaned and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5-6 chicken thighs
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 100ml cooking cream
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper