Creamy Salmon Chive Tart
- To prepare the pastry, place the plain flour into a bowl. Add the chilled diced butter and rub in to resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the grated parmesan, egg yolk and enough chilled water to form a dough.
- Place on a floured surfaced and knead very lightly to form a ball. Gently flatten it slightly and wrap in parchment so that the pastry can rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Roll out the pastry into a 23cm non-stick loose base flan tin which has been brushed with melted butter and dusted with flour.
- Pour the Avonmore Fresh Cream into a bowl and add the eggs and whisk.
- Add the chopped chives or parsley, lemon zest, paprika and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Arrange the smoked salmon strips onto the pastry.
- Pour over the egg mixture.
- Place on an oven tray and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until set and lightly golden on top.
- Leave to cool slightly and serve with a green salad. Garnish with chives or fennel fronds and serve with lemon slices.
For the pastry
- 220g plain flour
- 100g chilled diced butter
- 3tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 to 3 tbsp chilled water
For the filling
- 300ml Avonmore Fresh Cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped chives or parsley
- 1 lemon, zest only
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 180g smoked salmon, sliced into strips
- Chives or fennel fronds, to garnish
- Slices of lemon, to serve