Festive Wild Mushroom Vol Au Vent Starter
Pre-heat the oven to 180c
1. Place a large roasting tray in the oven until its very hot, add the butter then the garlic, thyme and the mushrooms, season to taste, toss and bake for 18-20 minutes or until they are brown. Add the crème fraiche to the pan and place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
2. Stir through the parsley and the cheese. Reduce the oven temperature to 160c.
3. Put the vol au vent cases onto a baking sheet, fill the centres with the mushroom filling. Bake for 10-15 mins until heated through.
4. Garnish with chives and serve.
- 250g mixed wild mushrooms, chopped
- 400g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Leaves from a sprig of thyme
- 10g Avonmore salted butter
- 300g crème fraiche
- 100ml Avonmore double cream
- 50g Avonmore grated cheese
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 6 large pre-made vol au vent cases (or bake frozen ones according to packet instructions)